Surrogacy Services or Gestational Surrogacy is a method where the fertilized egg and sperm is placed inside the womb of another lady who will carry the pregnancy to term. This is reserved for single parents, women with absent uterus, defective uterus, poor endometrium lining, or women with repeated IVF failures.
The intending parents can either bring their own surrogate or the clinic through an agency can provide one. The Indian government guidelines on IVF surrogacy make it a legal process and the names of the intending parents go into the birth certificate.
We do not encourage keeping our surrogate in surrogate homes as most of our surrogates are young ladies with small children. We want our surrogates to be happy during pregnancy with their family rather than be in solitary confinement for nine months. The surrogate care taker visits them frequently to ensure proper care is taken and the doctor sees her every 2-3 weeks to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
Please visit our partner website www.surrogacyservices.net for other details including charges.
Selection Standard Of A Surrogate Mom
- Fit and healthy
- Happy and pleasing personality
- Already delivered at least one child
- All blood investigations (Thyroid, Thalassemia, German measles etc. all normal)
- Day 15-18 endometrial thickness > 9mm
- She and her family understand the procedure and happily willing to carry the pregnancy for 9 months.
- Live in their own homes with family and children so that they are happy during the entire span of pregnancy (we have observed that the chances of miscarriage increase when the surrogates are kept in surrogate homes)
- Surrogate agents take care of timely visits, medication consumption and overall health & sanitation of the surrogate.
- Clinic coordinators give frequent visits to surrogates houses to ensure the same.
- Antenatal visits and ultrasounds are more frequent than normal pregnancy to ensure smooth and healthy pregnancy.
- Dr. Kaberi Banerjee personally chooses the surrogates and follow them throughout the pregnancy.
Estimated Medical Expenses In Case Of Preterm-Birth Involving An Affiliated Hospital
- It is same for preterm > 28 weeks & term > 37 weeks
- Vaginal (normal) delivery: INR 80000 – 100000 for 2 days stay in the economy room for the surrogate.
- Elective/Emergency Cesarean: INR 100000 – 120000, for 3 nights stay in the economy room for the surrogate.