Getting Prepared for Pregnancy
Female fertility declines with age and it is always advisable to take precautions for couples who are planning to become pregnant. Some of the major precautions that should be taken are as follows :
- Women who are planning for pregnancy should avoid liquor Avoid smoking
- Get into shape and achieve desired body mass index
- Take healthy diet (low carbohydrates, high proteins and minerals)
- Drink plenty of water (up to 2-3 litres)
Before attempting pregnancy it is advisable to ensure that you have :
- Antibodies against Rubella
- Blood sugar and thyroid levels are under control.
- Checks done to ensure that you are not a carrier of Thallasemia.
- You don’t have any untreated medical illness like heart diseases or hypertension.