Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) technique is used in situations where there is poor sperm quality. In these situations, Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection ICSI finds use in directly retrieving of the sperms from testis/epididymis which is then followed by injection of a single sperm into the center of egg for achieving fertilization.
- The process assists in the ICSI Treatment of sperm-related infertility issues
- It helps in enhancing fertilization phase of In-Vitro Fertilization Centre (IVF) through injection of single sperm into mature egg which is then placed in a woman’s uterus/fallopian tube
- ICSI Fertility Treating issues related to severe male infertility where little/no sperm is ejaculated in semen
- Patients also choose this technique after repeat in-vitro fertilization is unsuccessful
- It is also used by couples planning for genetic testing of the embryo for checking certain genetic disorders.