Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)/screening (PGS) with IVF
What is the importance of PGS/PGD?
Pre-implantation genetic Screening (PGS) or Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) plays an important role in increasing the chances of pregnancy for infertile couples.
What Is Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)?
Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) is a procedure used to diagnose embryos for known genetic disorders that both the patients and partners.
PGD is mainly indicated for:
- Beta Thalessemia Trait
- Sickle Cell
- Cystic Fibrosis
- SMA 1
- Tay Sachs
- Fragile X
What Is Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS)?
Preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) screens embryos to ensure 23 pairs of chromosomes (22 autosomes and the sex chromosomes X & Y) are present and there is no aneuploidy.
PGS is mainly indicated for:
- Women of advanced maternal age
- Couples with history of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Couples with repeated IVF failure
- Male partner with severe male factor infertility
Is PGD/PGS Indicated For You?
If you have a history of recurrent IVF failures, recurrent pregnancy loss, advanced maternal age or any of the above genetic conditions then you are a candidate for PGD/PGS.
Process of PGS/PGD
- The PGS treatment involves the basic steps of IVF (hormonal injections to grow multiple eggs in the ovaries, extraction of all eggs through transvaginal aspiration and fertilization of eggs with sperms in IVF laboratory) followed by biopsy of embryos on day 3 or day 5 (preferable).
- In day 3 embryo, blastomere is extracted from the 6-8 cell embryos and sent for the PGS/PGD in the genetic lab and healthy embryos can be transferred in the same cycle on day 5.
- In day 5 blastocyst, the biopsy of the trophectoderm is sent for the PGS/PGD in the genetic lab and the embryos are then cryo-preserved in that cycle.
- The patient is then re-prepared for the frozen embryo transfer, if the biopsied embryos are normal and then the embryos are thawed and transferred. PGS in India is an uprising branch of assisted reproductive technology (ART) that helps in improving the success rate of IVF.
Looking For PGD/PGS In India With IVF?
The IVF with PGS /PGD in India is very reasonable as compare to other countries. Here fertility experts are highly skilled and experienced in the field of fertility management and have achieved the highest success rate in complex fertility treatments.
Advance Fertility and Gynecology Centre is one of the very few centres in India to provide Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening (PGS). It is the leading Preimplantation Genetic Screening (PGS) centre in India. We have experienced team handling PGS in our IVF centre. We provide PGS Fertility Treatment Service at affordable cost.