Semen Analysis Test is a crucial diagnostic analysis performed to assess the childbearing potential of an infertile couple. The semen is analysed in strict adherence to WHO norms, and the more stringent Kruger criteria. For this analysis three days of abstinence is required to achieve correct semen testing.
What are the Features of Semen Analysis?
- Semen analysis test helps in measuring the amount of semen the man produces.
- It helps in determining the number and quality of sperms in a sample.
- It is among the first tests performed for determining any issues in fathering a child.
What does Semen Analysis Provide?
- It provides the semen volume present in a single ejaculation.
- It is used for counting the number of sperms present per milliliter (ml) of semen in a single ejaculation.
- It measures the percentage of sperm bearing normal shape.
- It measures the percentage of sperm that can move forward normally.