The Follicular Monitoring process is the serial ultrasonic monitoring of ovarian follicles, which helps in identifying correctly the time of egg maturity. It is then followed by advice for natural contact/intrauterine insemination/ egg collection for IVF. Here, the end procedure is decided on a case-to-case basis.
Features of Follicular Monitoring:
- The process involves a series of ultrasonic monitoring of the ovarian follicles that helps in identifying maturation status of the eggs.
- It is suitable for assessing the size of the follicle which supports egg growth.
- It is also used for determining uterine lining thickness.
- For women under fertility medication, follicular monitoringhelps in assessing response to the fertility treatment.
- It provides information that helps adjust the dosage of fertility medication during the course of the treatment in the event of inadequate response.