Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment Centre in Delhi
Intrauterine Insemination (also known as IUI) is the process of introducing motile sperm inside the uterus using a very fine catheter. The sperm is introduced after the release of ova. The process of ovulation is either a natural or stimulated cycle. Conception then follows naturally upon fertilisation.
In the case of a stimulated cycle, called superovulation, the size and number of follicles are measured using ultrasonography. A Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (HCG) injection is given to mature the eggs when the follicles reach a certain ideal size. IUI is performed within 24 to 36 hours after the HCG injection has been administered. If you are looking for IUI treatment in India, get in touch with us today!
IUI treatment success rate percentage:
IUI’s success rate is up to 20% per cycle. It is recommended that at least 3 to 4 cycles of treatment be attempted before opting for other options. Our best IUI centre in Delhi has a record for high success rates for IUI treatment in India.
Who Needs IUI?
- Male Infertility (Mild)
- Failure to conceive after ovulation induction treatment
- Sexual dysfunction (ejaculatory disorders)
- Retrograde ejaculation
- Unexplained infertility
Process of IUI:
- IUI can be offered for both natural or stimulated cycles.
- In the case of a natural cycle, follicular monitoring starts from day 9 or 10 of periods till the follicle ruptures. IUI is done on the day of the follicle rupture.
- In a stimulated cycle (superovulation), tablets or hormonal injections course begins on the second day of the menstruation cycle.
- The size and number of follicles are measured using ultrasonography, and the Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (HCG) injection is given to mature the eggs upon reaching an optimal size of the follicles. IUI is performed 36 hours after the HCG injection.
Estimated Time Required and When to Arrive:
- One IUI cycle takes about 15 days from the start of the period to sperm insemination. In this case, you need to arrive 2-3 days before the period starts.
- Many patients may not be able to devote so much time. Collecting medications in advance from us can reduce your stay to 5 to 7 days around the time of IUI. In this case, you can reach on the 9th or 10th day of your period cycle.
- You can travel back the same day after IUI, as travelling does not reduce the chance of a pregnancy.
- It takes 15 days from the IUI date to obtain the pregnancy test result.
Number of visits and Hospitalisation:
- The total number of visits vary from 2 to 5.
- No overnight hospitalisation is required as IUI is a day care procedure.
- Husband needs to come on the day of IUI to give the sperm sample.
Who is not eligible for IUI treatment?
The IUI procedure is not recommended for the following cases:
- If you are suffering from severe fallopian tube diseases
- Have a history of pelvic infections
- Have a history of endometriosis (moderate or severe, both)
At Advanced Fertility Clinics, we are the best IUI centre in Delhi and are committed to ensuring that you get your wish of becoming parents fulfilled. We conduct an array of standard and internationally recognised tests that ensure we have a thorough understanding of your reproductive system. Our state-of-the-art labs are equipped with the latest tools and equipment to carry out all necessary tests in-house, under one roof. We understand that becoming a parent is a dream for many, and rest assured, everything we do will be in the direction of helping you achieve that dream.
In case you have a past history of medical disorders such as thyroid issues or diabetes or have experienced miscarriages with previous pregnancies, please do let our experts know. Having a clear understanding of your health status will help us curate a plan that supports your body and its medical condition. If we find you unfit for IUI, our team will check your reports to identify whether any other conception method can be used.