Surgical Sperm Retrieval
This procedure is offered to patients with certain ejaculatory disorders or no sperm in the ejaculate Surgical Sperm Retrieval gives a golden chance to father their own child by employing the ICSI treatment cycle.
What are the Types of Surgical Sperm Retrieval Techniques Available?
- Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration (PESA)
In PESA, a small number of sperms are obtained directly from the epididymis (the beginning of the outlet tube of the testicle).
- Testicular Sperm Aspiration (TESA)
- Testicular Sperm Extraction (TESE)
When PESA is unsuccessful, TESA or TESE may be offered, wherein the sperm is obtained directly from the testicle.
Indications for Surgical Sperm Retrieval are as follows:
- Failed Vasovasostomy
- Failed Epididymovasostomy
- Congenital bilateral absence of vas deferens
- Obstruction in both ejaculatory ducts